25 Simple Ways To Flatten Your Belly
25 Simple Ways To Flatten Your Belly to lossing weight :
- “The key to losing belly fat is self-motivation, exercise, eating a more healthy diet and consuming fewer calories than you use up,” says Dr Sarah Clarke, a consultant cardiologist at Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Whether you’re an “apple” shape with excess belly fat, or a “pear” with wide hips and thighs, when you lose weight you’ll most likely lose proportionately more from the abdominal region than elsewhere.
- The type of fat that is responsible for the “ beer belly ” shape is called visceral fat. Visceral fat (the fat surrounding your vital organs) is more metabolically active than subcutaneous fat (the fat just under your skin) so it tends to burn off quicker.
- When people lose weight, it’s usually the belly that shrinks first. And the more weight you have to lose, the more quickly you’re likely to start losing your belly fat, experts say.
- But avoid crash dieting. “It is much better to lose weight gradually,” says Professor Jimmy Bell, an obesity specialist at Imperial College London. “Although it takes longer, it is less likely that you will put the weight back on.”
- Dietitian Priya Tew recommends losing no more than one or two pounds a week.